Every event has a budget, whether it’s a wedding, anniversary bash, or a corporate launch party. If you’re looking to hire a jazz band or another kind of fabulous entertainment for your event, you’ll be keen to choose the best available for the best price.
Getting good value doesn’t always mean keeping costs as low as possible. Choosing discounted bands and entertainment can cause serious problems when the party date arrives. Cheap jazz bands aren’t always as reliable, you can’t guarantee they’re brilliant musicians, and their authenticity isn’t necessarily top notch.
With this easy guide to how much it costs to hire a jazz band, there’ll be no big booking mistakes and one big, amazing party.
Factors that can push the price up
If you want to pull out all the stops when you hire a jazz band, this is how.
- Choose specific musicians or a specific band line-up. The more musicians, the more they charge. That’s fairly straightforward. If you also want the specific guys from one of our videos, we’ll need to make sure they’re available on the day.
- Have the band all day instead of for a specific slot. Silk Street Jazz can play pretty much anywhere – on a boat, as the bride and groom enter, in procession, outside, inside, on the dance floor, anywhere! If you want the band to perform at different times throughout the day, it will cost more than hiring them for a couple of hours.
- Choose insurance and quality. Booking with an experienced entertainment agency might cost a bit more, but what you get in return is a huge amount of peace of mind. You’ll know the band is booked, confirmed, and you’re going to get the absolute best out of them on the day.
Factors that can keep the price down
Booking with a tight budget can mean cutting a few corners, and they’re not always worth it…
- Sorting out booking and logistics yourself. Booking an act directly can mean you do a lot of the leg work. Trying to get a tuba player and banjo player in the right place at the right time without a bit of help is pretty stressful.
- No insurance or guarantees. If you’ve spotted a local band you love and want them to perform at your wedding or event, approaching them directly can be a good idea. The major downside is there’s no alternative if they let you down last minute.
- Going with the flow. Some bands will charge extra for special requests or specific song choices that aren’t part of their usual show. If you want to keep costs down, you can ask them to perform their standard set. Silk Street Jazz has a huge repertoire of hundreds of jazz classics, so you’ll have a great selection to choose from.
How to get the most bang for your buck when you hire a jazz band
If you want the real thing, look no further! Silk Street Jazz have got it all – style, pizzazz, crisp waistcoats, and nimble fingers.
Booking is easy with Silk Street. You tell us your budget and we’ll give you a no obligation quote for hiring a jazz band. Your booking will be protected, and you’re guaranteed to be absolutely blown away by the show they put on.
Have a toe-tappin’, foot-stompin’ time! Get a free, no-obligation quote for booking Silk Street Jazz for your big event.